Friday, November 11, 2005

Politics... Bollitics...

Recently, politics are there to be seen everywhere I poked my nose into. (Even in the game forums.) Now, I am largely apathetic towards politics, and the dogmatism of its many proponents served to alienate me even further.

What is it exactly anyway? I don't see nothing but a bunch of people who are trying to impose their will onto other people. Some (the very minority) go about doing it honestly, while the rest...
It has also been said that politics is a game for the powerful rich, where influence serves as commodity. There are exceptions though, Mahatma Ghandi is a politician in his own way, and one of the honest ones to boot. Unfortunately, as it is now, even someone like him would have been ineffectual had he been in the current political circle of some countries.

On top of that, there is one pervasive attitude that is inherent in every political structure: "Do as I say, and not as I do." (Even in a communism, this still apply as there are people who are 'more equal' than other people.)

People demand for good politicians, while on the other hand, they are not so keen on lending active support. There are over 6 billion people on earth, whose life is in the hands of a handful of people who were appointed by a largely apathetic crowd. A sobering thought.

Then there are office politics, and if there is any in my office, I would say that I am blissfully unaware of it. Having said that, I guess I should still attempt (lazy as I am) to gather some commodity for future use. It is like burning hell money - you'll never know if you're going to need it in the afterlife, but hey, it is good to be prepared.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home