Monday, October 10, 2005

Beer, Ale and Stout.

This weekend I got treated to a sumptous feast at Brewerkz by a very, very generous friend.

As it was my first time going into this type of establishment in Singapore (an English Bar category I suppose?) where a myriad variety drinks are available along with generously portioned food and munchies, I was quite impressed by the place. It was huge, and even then, it seems that reservations are needed to get a place there during the weekends.

Now, I am really clueless when it comes to beer, and indeed, when the taster set came along, I found that I can hardly differentiate the tastes. To my pleasant surprise, I actually found one type of brew that I could agree with. It was called Golden Ale, and it is not as bitter as the other samples. The food is great (learnt some things about eating there...), and looks like I found an excellent place to introduce to my Japanese teacher who loves to drink beer.

Things learnt from this outing:

1. If you intend to drink there, do come early. The price can be as much as 50% cheaper for drinks before 6.00pm (even cheaper before 3.00pm).
2. If you intend to drink more, do not bother getting a main course. Their finger food come in generous servings, and is very tasty.
3. For first timers, just start out with the sampler (they come in small glasses that is roughly equivalent to 2x shot glasses each).
4. If you intend to get a Tower of Beer (3.5 litres), order fast. (They ran out of towers by the time we made up our mind of which beer type to order.)
5. Some girls develop this fascination with the smell of burning matches when high. (first time phenomenon...)
6. Sitting next to your significant other during a drinking game is very detrimental to your performance. (Especially if you're a guy, but hey, you have nowhere else to go most of time :P)

I think that drinking game is more fun with small glasses though (then you can do many many many bottoms-ups). And there are some people out there who you really just should not play with (cause they can make you drink yourself silly...)

An interesting outing, on many levels. Kinda weird too (in my opinion). But you have to be there, and know the background story to really appreciate why I feel weird ^^;. Overall, very nice! And I'd like to thank that particular person again for the invite, and the surprise treat.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Brewerks is an American bar. The one at Riverside Point right? Nice atmosphere!

2:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home