Monday, October 03, 2005

Coffee, Tea, or Pizza?

Whew, there was an extremely long queue at the canteen today (over 30 people). Times like this, I am glad to have a more flexible lunchtime compared to many other people.

Anyway, talking about food, I was walking towards Takashimaya for my weekly comic fix when I passed by a Rocky Master outlet offering pizza slices for $2.50, or pasta dishes for $4.50 if you buy a drink. The outlet was beautifully located by the sidewalk, and the seats are under a nice cool shade, with a stream of flowing water right beside it. So I decided to try this place out for lunch. After all, how much could a drink cost right? (Wrong).

I ordered a fruit tea for $3.30 (more expensive than the ->) a slice of beef pizza, and took a seat. I have to admit that I like the ambiance of the place (despite being initially shocked by the price of the drink), and since the pizza is made on order, it was piping hot, and tasted really good. (Reasonably sized too)

I guess I should have expected that the price of a drink at a cafe like this would have come with a Starbucks range price tag, just another learning experience. But the pizza was really good, and it is more affordable than going to Pizza Hut (even counting the drink!).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home