Thursday, August 04, 2005

MP3 dream

There are many scientific studies about dreams that say everybody dreams, even animals do. It is just that people have different capacity of recalling dreams. Well, I belong to the 'recall-impaired' group when it comes to dreams (and names, and lots of other things..) but this morning I managed to somehow remember a portion of a dream.

It was a very simple dream really. I was walking around somewhere, when suddenly something caught my eyes, and I just have to have it. Turned out that the 'thing' is a futuristic version of an MP3 player. So off I went with the gadget, somewhere else...

That made me wonder. I am not a music person, and I do not usually have the impulsive need to have something. This dream shows me doing two uncharacteristic things at one go in one scene. Would there be one day where there is a machine that is capable of recoding dreams and play it back as a video? It could be a wonderful thing, or become another pandora's box.

Watch out 'Reality TV', here comes 'Dream TV'!
Imagine the hassle of actor/esses who might feel that they're not getting their royalties for appearing in other people's dreams. Or some 'litigation happy' people would sue others for 'trespassing into their dream'. Companies would be scrambling to collect data on whose products appear most in dreams, and research out more ways for their brand to appear to their customers even in their dreams. Dream PI's who gets hired by disgruntled spouses, hiring companies may have 'dream test' added on to their 'psychological test'. Talkshows galore dissecting people's dreams.

That machine would be a soberingly scary machine...

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Maybe it is a sign that you need a MP3 player, or if you have one, a new one? Or maybe the dream is just planting seeds of new ideas on how a futuristic MP3 player can be like, and for you to actually create it?

Sorry not that sure what type of work you do, but it's just a stab in the dark how I interpret. Incidentally, I am also looking around for a MP3 player, but that will be a few months later after I settle into my new job.

1:28 AM  
Blogger Ole' Wolvie said...

I am currently a translator.

Guess an MP3 player would make my job more comfortable. :D

10:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home