Monday, August 29, 2005

Techno maid

On my way home yesterday, I spotted two person that were heading towards the same overhead bridge as me. I figured them to be Indonesian maids from their appearance, and as they approached, I can hear one talking loudly. At first I thought she was talking to her companion, but when I looked, she was talking to empty air.

I reached the bridge first, so I could not take a clearer look, so I slowed down and allowed them to pass me. Then I spotted the bluetooth piece in her ear. She finished her phone call and turned to speak to her companion, in Javanese! (That confirmed my initial observation)

It seems that I am being outdone by maids in the technological department, and here I am chiding my Dad for not being willing to learn how to send an E-mail by himself. The world seems to be moving ahead at a fighteningly fast pace, can't we all slow down to enjoy our limited time on earth?

Here's the kicker, the maid was conversing in Mandarin... (Now *that* impressed me more than the bluetooth) Looks like I better find that Spanish class sooner than planned.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home