Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Quick, quick, sloooow...

I guess I might start going for lessons again now that the new classes are being held on Saturdays.

Anyway, last week I finally decided to try another Indonesian eatery at Lucky Plaza - The Ayam Bakar Ojolali (I wonder why it is not Panggang - Roast). Currently, there are at least 4 different eateries there. Maybe one day we would be able to see "Little Indonesia" forming in the middle of Orchard road.

The decor was pretty spartan, in a cafe-like environment. It looks clean, and I feel that the decor and furnitures are better than Es Teler 77's. A pretty good looking place. I just feel that there is something 'clutterish' about the place that I can't exactly put a finger to though.

I had the Roast Chicken ($5.50) and Es Ojolali ($2.50) - coconut water with shred coconuts, selasih and syrup. All prices are as it is. (GST and Service charge included most likely)
Tasted pretty authentic, and it was tasty. I only wish that they could give more rice and side (tahu and tempe) for the price they charge. The kecap manis (sweet soya sauce) there is pretty good too, and so is the sambal (said my dining companion).

I also had the pleasure to try out "The Hog's Breath" western eatery at Holland Village after the weekend meetup session. While not a very big fan of red meat steaks, they serve the best steak I have ever had in Singapore. I am not sure about the price, but $24+ for 200g and sides should be quite reasonable for this kind of quality. I had their cheeseburger ($ 15+) instead, and that was pretty good. The patty was cooked thoroughly while retaining its juicyness. The place has nice decoration, but the air conditioning flow was not very good. It could get pretty warm in there. We then adjourned to NYDC's for some desset, cool air, and of course, more games.

As I normally eat at the hawker centres, spending approx. $3 per meal, or fast food restaurants for approx $6 per meal, it kind of amazes me how much people can spend for their meals in Singapore. That night, I spent over $25 for dinner (and excellent company of course). Must be my spartan lifestyle... (or simply low pay?)

1 Comments:

Blogger Ole' Wolvie said...

Ah, that is a good nuance.

Because so far "Bakar" somewhat only have the nuance of "Burn" to me.

Well, All food stuff in one entry is good :P (Actually, I went to Ojolali with some of the new dance members, and one of them wanted to eat steak. So I recommended that eatery to him - hence the related entry.)

10:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home