Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Book fair, not fair!

Books! Books! Books!
There were books all over the ... urr... floor!

I was slightly stunned by the spectale that waa lied out before me as I entered the 5th Exbition Hall at the Expo. And after looking around for an hour, I was feeling dissapointed.
Books haphazardly slotted into boxes, rows and rows of them upon the gray concerete floor.
And they were not even separated into fiction/non-fiction sections! The horror~!

To be fair, they did have a few shelves up, but they were also either filled with random books, or filled with Robert T. Kiyosaki's book and that Da Vinci Code guy's books. There were some by tony Buzan too, and I was tempted to buy more when I saw the signs: "Cash only" on my way to the cashier. At the feet of the signs, there were cardboard boxes partially filled with books, supposedly left there by people who gave up buying when they realized that they did not bring enough cash.

Adding to the tragedy, the ATM machines were located all the way at the other end of the Expo building. So I made my way over, only to find that there was only one ATM machine in the whole huge complex, and it was a DBS ATM (Nooooo...ooo....).

To think that I took an hour train ride just for this.

It seems that books fairs are good if you do not have a specific book in mind to buy. It is also good if you're looking for fiction books. I went there in hope of finding some writing books, and well, it would be like looking for needles in a haystack. Only the haystack keeps on getting moved around by other people. It would take a lot of time to sort out though all the boxes of books, which process would be made even more painful by irresponsible people dumping books that they pick from one stack to another stack.

Gaaah~

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is why I never go to any book fairs. I can never find anything I want. I rather buy books from book stores or borrow from libraries, at least there are wider selections there.

8:13 PM  
Blogger Chuang Shyue Chou said...

Did you manage to find anything?

2:05 PM  
Blogger Ole' Wolvie said...

I grabbed one of Donald Trump's book :D For 10bux

2:36 PM  
Blogger Chuang Shyue Chou said...

Donald Trump!

I bet we will soon see Wolvie Towers sprouting all over the region!

10:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home