Monday, November 17, 2008

Dan dan da daaaan~

Well, that song did not exactly play on this occasion, but the association is just too thick.

A good friend of mine is finally completely tied up in the matrimonial knot. It is a knot that is more complicated than the strongest sailor knots. And he seems to be quite happy being tied up in knots ( ・ω・)

It was also my first experience of being a "brother". Plans were made on how we can storm the bride's house and appease the "sisters" that guard the bedroom. Plans, which like all good plans, pretty much disintegrated upon first contact. We were outnumbered, and completely at their mercy. But, love (I think it's more about the cash, but that's just me :P) prevails this time.

I am not sure if I ever want to repeat the experience. Then again, I only forsee at most one more "slot" in future. A slight chance, as this other guy has loads of army buddies, of which I am, or, would be, grateful. Still, it was an honor I guess, to be called on as a "brother".

The wedding dinner itself was simple and dare I say it, the most fun wedding dinner I've ever attended. If I ever have one of my own, I guess this would be the way I'd like to hold it. (Minus the musical stuff because I'm all thumbs and crow voiced). The home-made video was also pretty cool (not the usual baby - to - grown up slideshow). We also finally got to know how it all began, and well, I'd say I actually learnt something about "The Art of Wooing" that night. Whether I'll be able to actually apply it is up to debate, it might still come in useful.

I also learnt that despite having met him and her numerous times before this, I know almost zilch about her. (Don't even know her age, gah...) However, I do know that this one match is going to be very, very hard to better. Here's wishing the two of them the best. A testament that should remain as long as the inter-tubes stay operational.

Way to go Sonic~ ^^

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

[RP] haha thanks man from the two of us, glad that you enjoyed the occasion.

Oh and you're getting back your Y20,000 , just remind me again if I forget heh...

BTW you're musical what. just play drums or dance instead of singing or playing other stuff :-)

[LY] thanks also for the help with the home-made video; you were actually in the credit roll at the end, but the lights went on too soon so not sure if you got to see it. ;p

btw, 29 is the magic number.

and DANCE. :)

9:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wah, you two're supposed to be on Honeymoon. What are you doing reading this blog! :D

I saw the credit. It was good video! (The lighting was quite different though, 2 different recorders?)

11:11 PM  
Blogger Ricky Purnomo said...

Yes, 2 different recorders as in 2 different people who record hee *sheepish*

it's on purpose! to show it's home-made, not professional's job! heh

8:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home