Friday, November 28, 2008

Thou shalt...

I got this from a Science Fiction Novel I am currently reading.

"Wickedness, selfishness, vanity, greed, arrogance... Yes, I have known all these, have been quilty of all these... But they are obvious faults, easy to recognize and to combat. They are nothing compared to the evils that have been inflicted by sincere bigots obsessed with their own version of Good Works."

Although I don't really agree with the "easy to recognize and combat" part, I find this to be a very astute "observation" that can be applied to many things that has gone "wrong" recently (and in the past).

The Bangkok protest.
The Mumbai incident.


Now we have people of certain religion being banned from practicing Yoga, because it if perceived to have the power to "erode" their faith in the religion. What da?

The Chinese has a saying: "真金不怕火炼" (Lit: Real gold fears no trial by fire). What good is faith if it can be easily swayed?

2 Comments:

Blogger Anonymous_X said...

And the title of the novel is...?

12:22 PM  
Blogger Ole' Wolvie said...

Titled: "Heaven".

I find it a quirky name for a Sci-Fiction novel.

10:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home