Friday, August 12, 2005

Females are scary... part deux.

I continued my adventure into the realm of female bloggers (don't blame me, all the links from *that* blog goes to other blogs that are all authored by ladies), and was quite amazed to find that one of the blogs has like a few hundred thousand hits, and is made by a super cute lady. (With some allegations about photoshop...)

However, upon reading some of the entires, I found that there are big dramas going on, and well, there were sprinkles of not so wholesome language ><. That shattered my image of this lady. I personally don't cuss that much, and I don't even type cusswords in full. (Those ***'s are very handy). I wonder if this is normal? Anyway, I do hope for the best for this particular lady, as she seems to be the 'victim' in this particular case, and hope that she becomes better (yep, you read it correctly. 'becomes', not 'gets').

Now, I noticed that when gals hang out together in an all gals group, there will somehow be a 'shift in behaviour' as compared to when they are going out in a mixed group. The same applies for guys going out in an all guys group. The way they speak, the topics they cover, the activities they do are well... different. Of course within these 'all male and all female' groups, there are sub groups. Like guys who go out together to watch soccer in a sportsbar, chase tails in a disco, while other groups go to a lan shop to play counterstrike, or watch Star Trek marathon in the basement (if there's one available). The all female groups usually (as far as I can observe) go shopping, dining or hunk watching at places such as open air Starbucks (where else, I have no idea). Fascinating behavioural patterns.

Then comes the conversational topics. I do not go out much, but in Singapore, an all male group's conversation will tend to gravitate towards NS after a certain time, and gals. I usually felt quite left out on both counts as I was never in NS, and I am not good at discussing ladies. This is especially true when the topics gets too blatant. (I guess that's why I like innuendos and puns, they are more subtle and fun to 'play around' with.) It seems that most guys can take this kind of banter easily, I am just not too comfortable with it. (Yes yes... that lady over there is hot! Just keep it to yourself will ya? <- kind of mindset probably) I just don't get the 'male-bonding' thingy...

No info on ladiestalk though, I am not one of the 'sistahs' :P

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hmmm, a link from a link through my link? I must go and search which one then. Although I think I can pretty guess who the blog belongs to (the one with the super cute girl who cuss a lot).

When girls go out they do talk about more intelligent things than just hunk watching ot go shopping. My girlfriends and I will catch up on our life and share with each other our work, thoughts and hopes, essentially the same if girls go out with guys. Of course, with girls, we can also talk about the latest fashion and colours in the market and swoon over a good-looking guy. But only if we are in a crazy mood.

2:20 PM  
Blogger Ole' Wolvie said...

Celia: I must have been going out with the wrong gals then, cause they don't talk much.

Sonic: thae name you mentioned was a link to a link to a link. (As well as one my my 'research' material on 'part deux')

10:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home