Monday, October 17, 2005

Snap! That'll be 12 dollars please.

I *was* in need of several passport photos!

My parents are in town visiting, and my dad brought with him a form for me to fill in and renew my Indonesian "Identity Card". I really feel that Indonesia's way of keeping track of their citizens haphazard at best, and money + time wasting at the best. Get this: everytime you renew your ID, you get a nice new set of numbers. And you have to do it like once every 5 years. Where's the efficiency in that? (It's just one more way to make us part with our hard earned cash)

Anyway, I am glad I have my dad to take care of the administrative works. All I have to do is fill up the forms, get a thumbprint, signature, and photographs. Now, I usually go to the automatic photo taking machines whenever I need my fix of Pass-photos, but since I do not know of any near my living/working place, and this is quite a sudden request, I decided to pay a visit to my neighbourhood bridal studio instead. (How convenient, just as my mom's been hinting that I should 'settle down' soon)

To my surprise, they did have instant photo sevice, and the price is the same as the automated one. Except that for 12 bux, I get 8 photos on a nice, clean backgrund, a photographer, and get this... a CD-ROM containing my photo! Wohoo! Now that's what I call a bonus. In the age of digital photography, photo studios has to remake themselves to remain competitive, and looks like this shop has just earned itself a potential long term customer. (If the lady boss was a little friendlier, it won't just be 'potential'. I am a picky customer.) At least it has opened my eyes to better photo possibilities.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I took mine at the CityLink Guardian Pharmacy Kodak Instant Photo booth, and it cost $10 for 12 photos. Quite worth it actually. But yours better as it comes with a free CD as well.

1:09 PM  
Blogger Ole' Wolvie said...

Not to mention someone to say:

Look left!
Look right!
Raise your chin!
A little higher!
Smile!

(Hey, the photo looks pretty good :P)

5:56 PM  
Blogger Roberto Iza Valdés said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

11:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home