Monday, September 04, 2006

MMO fan service

Now, this is one cool website.

http://mmoart.com/

One, I am a gamer, and I think it is pretty cool for one to be able to own a nice poster of one's favourite online character. Two, it is doubly cool that people can make a living doing things they really like to do, without the pressure from upper management. (The stress of making ends meet is another story). I am also an artisan by heart. I like to use my hands to make things. Translation is a pretty good fit for me because it is also a craft, much like writing. I used to do a lot of tracing when I was a teenager, and this kind of make me want to practice again. Drawing, like every craft, requires dedicated practice.

I wonder how my MMO character would turn out in their hands. They even have the option of drawing your real facial features into your character, for no extra charge. Kind of tempting. Now all I have to do is get the uber cool looking gears and pose for a screenshot.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home