Friday, September 01, 2006

You call this an award?

I stumbled across the asiablog award webpage (surfing is such a dangerous business...) and browsed through the nomination categories.

My interest was piqued when I saw one category. (No, not the xxx one!)
It said: "Best Japan Blog". Since I do not really have the chance to read a good many blogs in Japanese (really slow reading), I was initially happy that I might have found a good source of good ones to add to my reading list.

That is, until I got crushed by dissapointment.

First, none of the blogs are in Japanese.
Second, none of them seems to have been written by a Japanese. Although there is one or two that I can like. (E.g. Pink Tentacle and Neomarxisme)
Third, one of them is not even a "Japan Blog". It basically aggregates movie clips from Japan that are available in YouTube, and then proceeded to make awful, uneducated comments about them. (The feller who runs it does not know a shred of Japanese. Go figure.)

The category would be more aptly named "English Blogs about Japan". (And if that YouTube aggregator wins, the suffix - by clueless people - must be added.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home