Friday, December 05, 2008

Old hangout...

I went to Jurong Point after work yesterday to check out a Japanese Buffet restaurant - Kuishinbou - that was recommended by my colleague. On my way there, I took bus number 154. I have not been to Jurong Point for a while, but I felt that the journey was taking longer than it used to be. The bus seems to be meandering about unfamiliar landscapes before finally reaching the destination.

Upon arrival at Boon Lay Interchange, I was stunned. The place has changed so much in the past 3-4 years. The MRT station is now filled with shops, the bus interchange has permanent commercial stalls, and Jurong Point itself is currently undergoing a major renovation.

The place was packed! And it was not even a weekend night. I made straight to the "Japanese Food Street" at B1 and took a measure on what's being offered. The section has 3-4 Japanese restaurants and Kuishinbou looks promising. There's also a Japanese Fusion Cafe called Benten on the 2nd floor that also looks promising. It seems that I have added a few more restaurants to my To Try list ^^

The only pity is that the National Library @ Jurong Point has moved.
I hope that the renovations would have been completed when I feel like going there again.

1 Comments:

Blogger Chuang Shyue Chou said...

Hello,

I don't know why but Jurong Point reminds me of a mall in Honolulu, Hawaii for some reason. The layout? The decor? No, I am still thinking.

I think it is one of the better suburban malls here, way way better than the disaster of the Ang Mo Kio Hub.

2:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home