Tuesday, November 29, 2005

The adamant idiot

Sitting on the dentist chair with my mouth wide open and various weird implements stcuck to my teeth, I was treated to a "comedy" at the counter.

This person (note that I used no race, or age, or sex, or anything that might remotely identify the said pumpkin) wanted a receipt made for a dental appointment, but it has to be *special* as in it has to be made such that it does not appear as a 'purchase'.

The poor assistant was running in and out of the room to ask the dentist for confirmation and suggestions while I am sitting there like a fish out of water. Finally the dentist said that if that person wanted it, they do provide a full dental report for $50.

Guess what did the person ask for next?

"Can you change the NETS printout so that it prints out 'Consultation' instead of 'Purchase'?"
I wonder what kind of answer the NETS support people will give to such a question.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home