Tuesday, December 23, 2008

"Improved" service...

On my way back from IMM (Jurong East), I saw a small notice pasted on the free shuttle bus I was on. Essentially, it states that from 9th Jan 2009, the frequency of free shuttle bus between Jurong East MRT and IMM will be increased to 1 in 10 minutes (I think it is currently be 15 minutes). The service to Clementi and Boon Lay MRT will be terminated. They claimed that this was done to improve their service.

???

I was thinking: "What kind of an improvement is this?". Jurong East MRT is within walking distance from IMM. It just takes 10 minutes or so. Clementi and Boon Lay MRT are not! There is a new shopping centre near Clementi MRT that is being built and, as I have mentioned before, Jurong Point at Boon Lay MRT has almost completed its expansion. Even if IMM has decided to give up competing for customers from these 2 locations, I really can't see how their decision to terminate the free shuttle services as an "improvement" for their customers.

I would very much prefer it had they said: "Thank you for using our shuttle service for all these years. We regret that we're unable to continue providing the service to Clementi and Boon Lay MRT due to (insert true reason here)."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home