Monday, September 05, 2005

Words people use

As I was reading about a game I used to play (still collecting some), I am quite bemused with the word they use to name their new 'world'.

It is basically a world made up of nothing but buildings, with no natural river, forst or mountain in sight. They named the world 'Ravinca', and one of the main characters is named Razia (she's an archangel). Sounds cool eh? The thing is, when you flip an Indonesian - English dictionary and find this.

When I read further, the current storyline happens to center on an up and coming law enforcer Agrus Kos, Wojek Veteran. Interesting coincidence... he even looks slightly like an Indonesian Dayak. I wondered now if their creative team picked the word because they know that it has that meaning. (There is one episode in Dragonlance where the spell incantation was a whole string of 'old' Indonesian tounge)

Gah.. I might have to start buying to collect this set >

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home