Friday, September 09, 2005

Drats! Coffee-ed again.

Today I bid goodbye to the pack of pack of Lipton's Jasmine tea that had been keeping me warm for a few months, and welcome a bottle (jar?) of Indocafe Original Blend (free! it was 'free'!).

Once again, I botched up my first cup of coffee. (See a pattern here?)
Then I came to a realization. This cup of coffee is just like life. No matter how simple a task it seems to be, there is a high chance that a person will botch it up when he/she's doing it for the very first time. Personal preference matters, size of cup matters, size of spoon matters (although it never said what spoon, betting on a tea spoon is smarter than betting on a table spoon), and other factors.
To complicate matters further (as usual), the effect could be more severe when it involves other people. Like if you are making the coffee for someone else instead. That person might be very particular about his coffee - (temperature, sweetness, cream, thickness, blah blah blah..., or simply because that person is an Italian), and if that person is someone who holds your fate in his/her hands, it might mean the end of the world. (Yea, over a cup of coffee...) It has been said that avid tea drinkers can differentiate cups of tea where the milk was poured in before the hot water from the ones where the milk was poured in after the hot water. I am sure there are also areas of coffee appreciation that is of this level of connoisseur'ship.

As for me? Well I am lucky that I like thin coffee, with plenty of sweetness. Nothing that an addition of water and sugar can't fix.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I always prefer Nescafe. Anyway I dun really drink coffee, mostly tea (Dilmah or English Breakfast anytime!) or hot chocolate (with marshmalows!). Too much caffeine is not good for my system. And I still cannot differentiate whether the milk is poured in before or after the water. To me, the tea all tastes the same. But I love "Milofee" - a teaspoon of coffee and two teaspoons of Milo, with sugar and milk. It is really aromatic and the closest one can get to a perfect blend of coffee with chocolate - for those who prefer not to have to thick Mocha.

12:24 PM  
Blogger Ole' Wolvie said...

Hmm.. I do have free milo in my office... Maybe it will go well with my free coffee...

9:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home